COVID-19 Health and Safety Information
REQUIREMENTS FOR IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE:
Everyone attending the AO Annual Meeting is required to provide the following items to gain entry into the meeting and obtain a colored wristband:
– Photo ID
– ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: Verification of fully vaccinated* status – OR – a negative antigen test taken within a day (24 hours) of arrival in San Diego – OR – a negative PCR test taken within two days (48 hours) of arrival in San Diego
– Everyone is required to wear a face mask
* “Fully vaccinated” means two weeks or more after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) – or two weeks or more after receiving a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J}/Janssen).
This is for anyone 5 years of age and older.
The Academy is obligated to inform our meeting attendees, exhibitors and guests of any and all changes and updates to COVID-19 health care protocols in the state of California, as they occur. For the most recent updated information, CLICK HERE.
The safety and well-being of all Annul Meeting attendees and exhibitors is a top priority for the Academy. We are closely monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and plan to adhere to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, along with any federal, state and local government mandates in place at the time of our meeting.
The primary goal will be be maintain transparency and accurately convey the health and safety measures being taken at the Annual Meeting. As such, AO will communicate what attendees can expect on-site in terms of social distancing requirements, masking protocols and safety precautions prior to the meeting based on current guidance.
The Academy also:
- Requires all attendees to receive a COVID-19 vaccination or be tested three days prior to arrival and provide proof of negative test results.
- Requires all attendees to wear PPE.
- Requires all attendees to complete a “Self-Assessment” health checklist daily before leaving their hotel room.
- Requires all attendees to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and to stay in their rooms if they are exhibiting any symptoms.
- Requires all attendees and exhibitors to complete a form/waiver during the registration process, agreeing to follow any safety protocols that are in place or risk expulsion from the meeting.
- Will provide guidance regarding new meeting etiquette and utilize on-site signage to reinforce established health & safety measures.
- Will ensure hand sanitizing stations will be readily available.
- Will arrange for a First Aid Station to be staffed during show hours to provide assistance to any attendee who requires medical services. All health and safety protocols are subject to change.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS
By registering for this meeting:
I plan to attend the 2022 AO Annual Meeting on February 24 -26, at the San Diego Convention Center. I acknowledge that attending the Annual Meeting during the ongoing pandemic carries risk due to the contagious nature of the COVID-19 virus and the fact that the Annual Meeting will be held indoors with a large number of attendees. I have made the decision to attend the Annual Meeting in person with a full understanding of the inherent risks of such decision and agree as follows:
- I am attending the Annual Meeting voluntarily, and at my own risk. I understand that by attending, I risk being exposed to and/or infected with COVID-19 as a result of my actions or those of other attendees or participants, including, without limitation, AO’s officers, directors, members, staff, agents, and representatives (collectively, “AO”) and the Venue’s employees. I hereby release, for myself, my heirs, and my personal representatives, and do forever discharge, indemnify and hold harmless AO and the Venue from any and all claims, liabilities, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of, in connection with, or relating to my attending or participating in the Annual Meeting, including, without limitation, any illness, damages, or injury resulting from my travel to and from, and attendance at, the Annual Meeting, participation in events related to the Annual Meeting, exposure to an infectious disease (including COVID-19), or the manner in which the Annual Meeting or its related events and activities are conducted (collectively, “Claims”), whether a condition giving rise to any Claim occurred before, during, or after I attended or participated in the Annual Meeting.
- I will follow all required health and safety guidelines, protocols, policies, regulations, and mandates relating to my attendance at the Annual Meeting, including, but not limited to, Centers for Disease Control guidelines, statutes, regulations, and other mandates applicable to the locale of the Annual Meeting, as well as any additional requirements imposed by AO or the Venues (regardless of whether federal, state, or local laws allow otherwise).
- I will monitor my own health status and will not attend the Annual Meeting if I am symptomatic of COVID-19 in anyway, or if I believe I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- I understand that I will not be allowed to attend the Annual Meeting unless I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Claims form (Waiver) and that my failure to comply with required safety protocols or follow the direction of AO staff on site may result in the loss of my right to attend or participate in the Annual Meeting, including forfeiture of any registration fees paid.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have carefully read and understand this Waiver and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.